Friday 15 May 2009

Communication, This isn't 1984 or is it.

I have become involved with an organisation called PIE. Parranormal Investigation Experts. Hopefully my strong programming background can help with development of PIE tools.

I signed up some time ago but have been very busy. I still am but have made time to get involved.

Today has been a blow as the main communications hub of the PIE team www.pie.com has been taken over by the Cartel. They want to turn it into a Sci-Fi and D&D site. I can talk Sci-Fi until the cows come home. I would like to play along with their little plot and see what unfolds.

In George Orwells 1984 there is a scene painted of a world where all communication and what we do even the things we think are private is being watched by big brother. Well the Cartel seem to be taking on that role.

I might not be able to stop them taking over Pie.com but do they really think this is the only way the pie slices can talk. We have become established enough to keep communicating forum or no forum. What we must make sure is that communication is not being intercepted by the Cartel.

I am still worried about Hector. I don't know if he made it out of the old HQ safely. If we loose him then the Slices are going to be left on their own. I think we should manage but I would prefer not to be without Hector.

No comments:

Post a Comment